Here is a little sandwich I invented while experimenting with different tastes and textures. I LOVE this little sandwich because it is quick & easy to make, filling, and yummy to eat!
Start off with two slices of bread. One slice will be a ‘cold’ side and the other a ‘warm’ side (before you put both sides together).
- 2 slices bread
- sun dried tomatoes
- black olive spread *
- green pepper
- sliced cheese (cheddar, Colby, mozzarella, etc)
- sliced roast chicken or turkey
- Thin layer Pesto
- Next add thin layer of sliced roast chicken or turkey
- Next add layer of cheese (cheddar, colby, mozzarella, etc)
- Thin layer Black Olive Spread*
- Next add slice of Sundried Tomato, cut into small pieces
- Next add layer of thinly sliced cucumber
- Next add layer of thinly sliced green pepper (The cucumber and green pepper add a bit of crunchiness to the sandwich)
Place the warm side under a broiler until the cheese begins to melt.
Put both sides together and EAT! …
Hits the spot every time, and healthy, too!
*For those of you who have never tried Black Olive Spread—it’s similar to an olive tapenade, but a little finer in texture. A little goes a long way, and will keep in the refrigerator nicely. If you like black olives, you will also like this. If you don’t, then you won’t—and you can just leave it out of the sandwich.
You can also put the other side of the bread under the broiler to toast it before you add the cold ingredients.